Welcome to PASS
PERFORMER TESTING UPDATE
On Friday, a performer who had worked in the adult industry tested positive for HIV during the mandated fourteen-day industry screening. Since then, there has been a lot of speculation about the performer - including a name - in both social media and on blogs, a fair amount of it unfounded and some of it ugly. The performer deserves privacy and dignity at this difficult time, and we ask that our colleagues and the media respect the performer's wishes for privacy unless he or she wishes to speak.
Understandably, the larger performer pool is concerned about whether they've been affected or exposed. Due to HIPPA regulations, the PASS doctor working with the performer can not discuss any specifics of the performer's case with the public, or even with us, so be wary of rumors. We can, however, tell you this:
That said, we want to remind those who would point fingers - either at the performer or his or her work - is that HIV is a virus, not a moral issue. It affects all people, and all populations, and occupations; all of them deserve compassion. Whoever this performer is, he or she is one of our own, and should be treated with the same respect and dignity that we'd want for ourselves in this situation.
We will release more information as we are able.
Adult Production Health and Safety Services provides guidelines and services for the adult production industry designed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment of performers and adult film professionals. The program includes:
- A series of nationwide testing sites providing low cost, high-quality testing in a timely manner
- Performers have electronic access to testing results directly from labs
- Variety of medical providers for treatment of performers in need of medical follow-up
- Consistent standards and guidelines for testing and treatment of adult performers
- A secure database that ensures performer privacy and protects producer liability
- Protocol for performer support in the event of a positive HIV test result, including funding for testing of 1st and 2nd generation partners
- Health and safety resources provided for producers
- Health and safety training provided for performers
IF YOU ARE A PERFORMER, PRODUCER OR AGENT AND HAVE NOT SIGNED UP TO USE THE PASS DATABASE, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR PASS AND WISH TO LOG-IN, PLEASE CLICK “SIGN-IN” AND ENTER YOUR LOG-IN INFORMATION.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE INFORMATION ON PASS OR FSC, CONTACT JOANNE@FREESPEECHCOALITION.COM.