Welcome to PASS
Last week Aids Healthcare Foundation sent subpeonas to performer testing facilities and clinics requesting performer medical information. We at FSC/PASS believe that this action violates Federal HIPAA regulations as well as California patient privacy laws. As a response, we contacted adult performers and encouraged them to contact their testing facilities and clinics making it clear that they do not have permission to share any of their medical information.
Additionally, we created a document, "Frequently Asked Questions About Performer Medical Privacy" to answer some general questions that have arisen due to last week's subpeonas.
To access this document and addtional information about PASS requested action go to the Blog tab on this site.
Performer Availability Scheduling Services provides guidelines and services for the adult production industry designed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment of performers and adult film professionals. The program includes:
- A series of nationwide testing sites providing low cost, high-quality testing in a timely manner
- Performers have electronic access to testing results directly from labs
- Variety of medical providers for treatment of performers in need of medical follow-up
- Consistent standards and guidelines for testing and treatment of adult performers
- A secure database that ensures performer privacy and protects producer liability
- Protocol for performer support in the event of a positive HIV test result, including funding for testing of 1st and 2nd generation partners
IF YOU ARE A PERFORMER, PRODUCER OR AGENT AND HAVE NOT SIGNED UP TO USE THE PASS DATABASE, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR PASS AND WISH TO LOG-IN, PLEASE CLICK “SIGN-IN” AND ENTER YOUR LOG-IN INFORMATION.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE INFORMATION ON PASS OR FSC, CONTACT INFO@FREESPEECHCOALITION.COM.